The following are from actual signs found in hotels and other venues in countries where English is not the main language.
1. In another Japanese hotel room: "Please to bathe inside the tub."
2. In a Bucharest hotel lobby: "The lift is being fixed for the next day. During that time we regret that you will be unbearable."
3.In a Yugoslavian hotel: "The flattening of underwear with pleasure is the job of the chambermaid."
4. In a Zurich hotel: "Because of the impropriety of entertaining guests of the opposite sex in the bedroom, it is suggested that the lobby be used for this purpose."
5. In a Paris hotel elevator: "Please leave your values at the front desk."
6. In a Belgrade hotel elevator: "To move the cabin, push button for wishing floor. If the cabin should enter more persons, each one should press a number of wishing floor. Driving is then going alphabetically by national order."
7. In a Bangkok temple: "It is forbidden to enter a woman even a foreigner if dressed as a man."
8. In a Rome laundry: "Ladies, leave your clothes here and spend the afternoon having a good time."
9. On the faucet in a Finnish washroom: "To stop the drip, turn cock to right."
10. In a Japanese hotel: "You are invited to take advantage of the chambermaid."
2 years ago